Date / Venue: October 2-3, 2017
Auditorium Santa Apollonia, Florence, Italy
During two days, stakeholders from the academic, regulatory and industrial sectors will be gathered to discuss many hot topics. The major aim of the congress is to present the strategies to overcome antibiotic resistance. Among the strategies will be presented the recent advances of phage therapy, the different innovations to fight antibiotic resistance (peptides, enzymes, new generation of antibiotics …), the strategic role of microbiota and many other strategies.
Among the topics which will be discussed during both days:
- Recent advances, mechanistics and perspectives: Towards a clinical revolution?
- Bacteriophage, Host & Microbiota Interactions
- Bacteriophage & Microbiota
- Bacteriophage & Immunogenicity
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases: are bacteriophages involved in dysbiosis?
- Therapeutic uses of bacteriophages, endolysines and peptides to combat infections and manage antibiotic resistance
- Pharmaceutical & clinical developments: How to overcome the regulatory aspects?
A round table discussion will be organized between scientists, clinicians, pharmaceutical industrials and regulatory authorities to answer the following questions:
- Antibiotic resistance and phagotherapy in 2017: What is next?
- Considerations on clinical trials and regulatory aspects
We hope that you will join us for this dynamic and strategic program and look forward to welcoming you in Florence.
Pr Domenico Frezza, University of Roma Tor Vergata
Local Organizer of Targeting Phage & Antibiotic Resistance